The following post will provide a step-by-step guide on how to clear ram in windows 7 and the benefits of doing so. The process is quite simple and can be completed within a few minutes.
Whenever you shut down your computer, the system RAM is always cleared. However, the page file that’s stored on the hard drive isn’t.
The page file is an area of the physical hard drive that the operating system uses as extra RAM when the physical RAM is full. Ensuring that the page file is cleared just like RAM is will keep things clean and efficient the next time you start your computer.
Here are the key things you need to know:
How to clear RAM (windows 7) step-by-step guide:
1) Open the Start menu and right click on Computer, select Manage
2) In the window that opens up, under Computer Management, go through following folders: Services and Applications -> Microsoft -> Windows -> then look for something with name ‘Microsoft’ (you may have different names if you don’t own a legit copy of Windows)
3) Right click it and select Stop
4) After stopping ‘Microsoft’ application, now terminate any other processes that seem irrelevant or related to Microsoft. To do this,
Processes tab: Those processes listed under Details tab all need to be stopped. A little ways below the ‘Details’ tab there exists a ‘Services’ tab (do not forget to terminate any process that seems related or irrelevant with it), here is what you must terminate:
Application Experience Program Inventory Program Events Program Inventory Collector Help Pane Windows Error Reporting Service KernelCpa Engine ExtRes WMPNetworkMgr
5) After achieving this delete %AppData%\Microsoft and %LocalAppData%\Microsoft folders and empty the recycle bin for good measure. You will get rid of some files in your Temporary Internet Files while doing this as well.
6) Reboot computer.
7) Open the task manager from the process tab and make sure Windows Explorer is not running at all, if it is you will have to terminate it.
8) After rebooting open your browser of choice and repeat steps 1-4 but this time for %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows instead
9) Reboot computer again
10) Open internet explorer/Firefox/Chrome and test something. If there wasn’t much improvement start over at step 1 or try another method as well, hopefully it won’t be necessary.
11) If everything works as intended now, go back to Computer Management>Services and Applications > Microsoft > Windows > Application Experience Processes tab and check those processes I mentioned above under “Details” tab which must be stopped. If they are not, do it now .
12) Reboot computer again and that is it!
This time you should have better results.
By following these steps, you would be able to clear RAM in Windows 7 without any trouble. Take the assistance of Windows 7 to clear RAM memory from your system without any scope of recovery. It is a highly advanced tool and will certainly make your life a whole lot easier!