Most people use a single active IP connection when they’re online. But sometimes, there are situations where you might need more than one active IP connection. There are many reasons why you might want or need more than one active IP connection, but the most common reason is to improve your online security and privacy.
In this post, we’ll explore some of the reasons why you might want more than one active IP connection, and we’ll also show you how to set up multiple active IP connections on your computer. Stay safe and anonymous online by using multiple active IP connections!
One of the main reasons why you might want more than one active IP connection is to improve your online security and privacy. When you’re using a single active IP connection, your computer is vulnerable to attacks from hackers and other cybercriminals. By using multiple active IP connections, you can make it much more difficult for hackers and criminals to track or identify you online.
Another reason why you might want more than one active IP connection is to bypass censorship and access blocked websites. Many countries around the world have implemented censorship laws that block certain websites from being accessed by their citizens. By using multiple active IP connections, you can access these blocked websites without any problems.
Many connections is usually from browsers, monitoring programs like anti virus, or file sharing apps.
- To understand those connections open the Task Manager (assuming windows 7 or 8) by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete on the keyboard.
- In the task manager, click the performance tab, and click resource monitor.
- In the resource monitor, click the TCP connections tab.
Keep in mind some apps can consume a lot of connections without actually being visible. For example, the akamai netsession is a file sharing service that lets other customers download from your computer instead of software manufacturers websites. To check and remove it, run through the following list.
- Open the control panel
- Search for ‘uninstall a program’ without quotes
- Look for a program called something similar to akamai netsession
- Double click to uninstall it, if you found it.
Lastly, if you’re a business owner, using multiple active IP connections can help improve your business security. By using multiple IP connections, you can make it more difficult for hackers to breach your network and steal your data. Additionally, you can use multiple IP connections to improve your website’s ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs).
Multiple IP Connections
If you need more than one active IP connection, we’ll show you how to set up multiple active IP connections on your computer. The process is simple and only takes a few minutes to complete. Just follow these steps:
1. Open the Network and Sharing Center window.
2. Click on the Change adapter settings link.
3. Right-click on the active IP connection that you want to use and select Properties.
4. Select the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) option and click on the Properties button.
5. Select the Use the following IP address option and enter the desired IP address and subnet mask.
6. Click on the OK button to save your changes.
7. Right-click on the active IP connection that you want to use and select Properties.
8. Select the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) option and click on the Properties button.
9. Select the Obtain an automatic IP address from a DHCP server option and click on the OK button.
10. Close all open windows and restart your computer.
Now you should be able to use multiple active IP connections on your computer!